Alright, well I decided that since I’m now a senior in college and hopefully *fingers crossed* graduating in less than a year that I should update you on my life story…
I’ve spent the past four years on the cross-country team-one that no one outside of the cross-country team knows exists, but hey a team is a team and their my team. These are two of my best friends and I met both of them through being on the team so I guess it’s benefited me in more ways than one. When I was a freshman I was running 28-30+ minute 5ks and now I run 24-26 minute 5ks.
I have two brothers, both younger even though the look older because they are getting/are bigger than me now= no more being able to beat them up. I’ve run distances from 5ks to a marathon. I’ve done a few sprint triathlons and I hope to do a full Ironman in a few years.
Currently, I’m the Student Government President after having served last year as the Vice-President. It’s a lot of commitment and quite frankly I’m slightly over-committed. I have tons of meetings each week and sometimes its a struggle to keep up with my homework.
I’m attempting to eat Paleo. It hasn’t been hard giving up a lot of the things it tells you are bad for you to eat, but its hard making sure things that I do eat don’t have those items in them without me knowing. I have begun olympic weightlifting, crossfitting, on top of regular weight lifting and running.
I’m basically attempting to become a healthier, happier person. Its a struggle that I’ve been dealing with for years, but has become more of a struggle within the past year. So now I’m trying to commit to a healthier lifestyle and make sure that I’m on a healthy path- with the help of some friends.
I’m in a sorority… yea there isn’t much to say about it except that I’m truly grateful for some of the people who have come into my life because of my house and some of the support and experiences I’ve gained by being a part of it. That being said, there are definitely some days where I could do without it.
Yea I earned my ranger tag! There isn’t a thing I wouldn’t do for my boys especially since I know that they always have my back! No, but really they do- they threatened to beat up someone for me. Gotta love their response!
I hope to go to law school after I graduate. I have a sick love of Elle Woods and even though she’s a fictional character I totally look up to her because she blew away everyone’s expectations of her and I think that’s something to admire!
Basically, that’s my life. It’s not a super exciting one, but it works out really well for me. I have a lot of good friends, a lot of stress (but who doesn’t?), a lot of work, a lot of fun and a lot that I want to accomplish. So with that why don’t I sum up some key points for y’all that I think you should know.
Top 10 things about me:
1. I am terrible about going out to the bars or something (yes, I’m 21). I usually make it until 10 p.m. and then its bedtime!
2. I love knitting and other “grandma” type skills. So what? At least I’ll be warm under my blanket with my homemade socks!
What? You mean I can’t wear like 5 different colors at once?!!?!
4. I like to watch scary movies, but never alone and someone better have a sleepover with me after because I’m not going to be the one attacked by ghosts first.
6. I love to swim. I mean I could live in the water if I was a fish…. or better yet a mermaid. I feel so at home in the water sometimes that its all that makes sense.
7. I have some teddy bears that I’ve had for years and will probably fall apart before I get rid of them.
8. I have a tendency of stealing my guy friends’ clothes. I’ve accumulated a wide variety of sweatshirts and t-shirts…. it helps with not having to buy more clothes!
9. My favorite color is Pink. A lot of stuff I own is this color.
10. My lucky number is 15. It’s been on my jerseys when I played soccer, on various other things I own. It’s my good luck charm.
Whelp, that’s all I got. I hope you don’t think I’m too odd and if you do that’s your opinion.